Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Alrighty

So here we go again. I'm gonna try to keep this blog more regular, and really I'm typing that to myself as a reminder or a reaffirmation. Doggone it, I'm smart enough...

So I've started career move #3 doing marketing analysis at Xoom.com. So far so good - it's been interesting, trying to get up to speed on all the different tools and thinking like a marketer as opposed to a product guy. But it's refreshing, I find already that I have a different point of view from the other marketers because of my experience with product.

I'm really amazed at the amount of data that a small company can cough up. It's all the tools and data that I wish I had access to at Yahoo! Finance, but never had. You'd think that a large, multinational website with hundreds of millions of users would invest more in developing tools, but no. I guess Yahoo! has more traffic they know what to do with, and it really doesn't matter. At any rate, this should be a good learning experience for me.

No comments: